Discipleship & Growth
Discipleship & Growth
Explore topics and find answers! The following resources on this page will help you:
- Grow in your faith
- Answer questions about God and life
- Give a new believer help in beginning with God
- Become a Spiritual Muliplier
- Disciple others Well
- EveryStudent.com is a your resource for exploring those nagging or unaswered questions about God, faith and life's tough issues. It is also your resource for helping you answer questions others may have about the existence of God, the Bible, sexuality and many other topics. Take some time to check it out!
Helping a New Believer Get Started
1. The following lessons are designed to help a new or young believer become established in their faith. Download and print each lesson to go through it together.
- Stepping From Uncertainty to Confidence
- Stepping From Feelings of Unworthiness to Forgiveness
- Stepping From Being Unable to Empowered
- Stepping From Being Unprepared to Equipped
- Stepping From Being Undeveloped to Maturity
2. The following link contains the previous lessons (re-formatted) in one click:
3. Maybe you can't meet with someone personally to help them begin well in their new relationship with God or maybe they live far-away-- then you can send them the link, StartingWithGod.com, to get them started!
A disciple of Christ is called to follow Christ, learn from Him, and make Him known. The way Jesus did this was through spiritual multiplication. The following resources will encourage your vision for making and multiplying disciples:
1. Making and Mulitplying Disciples- Start here! This document is the big picture for making and mulitplying disciples. This visionary tool will help you: to discover where you or your disciples are and to challenge them in the next step of making disciples. This helps to define the mission of Cru.
Growing as a disciple of Christ is a life-long process and happens through many avenues. There are also people who we are one step ahead of in our spiritual journey who we can help to grow in their faith and to become a spiritual multilplier.
1. Making and Multiplying Disciples-- A framework for discipleship
2. Discipleship Packet- Start here! This will give you the big picture and some tracks to get started in discipling another person.
3. The Compass- This resource will give you tracks to run on whether it is a group situation or one-on-one. The Compass is organized under three main headings: Walk, Communicate, and Multiply, which corresponds with our understanding that a mature disciple is one who walks, communicates and multiplies their faith. You can find over 40 lessons to prepare you to lead great discipleship appointments with students.
Additional Resources for Growth and Discipleship
Most of the following topics and resources can be found on:
Assurance of Salvation
That you may Know (cru.org)
Beginning with God (cru.org)
Beginning with God and Spiritual Growth
- Aggie Cru Bible Study Material for the groups you lead or for you to do on your own.
Community and Friendships
Dating and Marriage
Devotionals and time with the Lord
- Devotionals and time with the Lord (cru.org)
Decision Making ANd Discerning God’s Will
- The Compass- Discerning God’s Will
Decision Making Tool- This tool is very helpful in making well-rounded decisions. Download this form to help you make better decisions.
The Discipleship Training Packet - Good discipleship times start with prayer and some intentionality. Planning is part of this. Download: The Discipleship Training Packet for you and your mulitplying disciples to get started.
Making and Multiplying Disciples - This visionary tool will help you to discover where your disciples are and to challenge them in the next step of making disciples. This helps define the mission of Aggie Cru. This is also included in the "Discipleship Training Packet." Download: Making and Mulitplying Disciples document.
Growth Circles- This will help you and your disciple identify areas they want to grow and develop in. This tool can also be found in the "Discipleship Training Packet."
Evangelism Principles (cru.org)
"Why is there something instead of nothing?" This resource briefly looking at the existence of God and the claims of Christ.
Steps for Sharing the Gospel in My Circles - an article that helps you start sharing your faith in the places God has you.
Exploring John and Encountering Jesus- Here is a way to share the gospel with others by exploring John together. It is a tool with simple questions to explore Christ with others
Short Films- Global Short Film Network (GSFN) is a part of The JESUS Film Project. Their goal is to help you discover a person’s story through the theme of the films. As you listen to their story, you can share your own and connect the viewer to the person of Christ. These short films are great tools for engaging in spiritual conversations with family, friends, and even strangers.
- Leading a Small Group (cru.org)
- Developing as a Leader (cru.org)
- Leadership Challenge-- a challenge to lead with Cru
Multiplication (Spiritual Multiplication)
The Compass- Spiritual Muliplication
- Outreach Strategies (cru.org)
LIfe and Relationships (cru.org)
Leading a Small Group (cru.org)
- Global Short Film Network (GSFN) is a part of The JESUS Film Project. Their goal is to help you discover a person’s story through the theme of the films. As you listen to their story, you can share your own and connect the viewer to the person of Christ. These short films are great tools for engaging in spiritual conversations with family, friends, and even strangers.
Summer Reading Challenge
- Use this helpful guide to help you get into God's Word over the summer.
Testimony/Sharing your story
Preparing your personal testimony (cru.org)
Transferable Concepts for Spiritual Growth and Training
How to study the Word (cru.org)
When it is a challenge to read Scripture (cru.org)
Ideas for a "Quiet Time" (cru.org)
Training to Pass on to others
- Training that is Transferable (cru.org)
Questions about Faith
EveryStudent.com- a place to explore questions about God and life